The objective of the session is to put us in the best position possible to make a decision as to whether we should proceed to the next steps in seeking site blocking in the US.
* The first step is a pre-phase in which we will get prepared and try to create a more favorable environment for site blocking. This would involve multiple parallel tracks. Without attempting to be exhaustive, those tracks include:
* Outreach to respected technologists to begin to forge agreement on technical facts and site blocking efficacy — and, where possible, garner policy support for site blocking (or at least dampen opposition to it).
* Continued research and record building on the effectiveness of site blocking.
* Outreach to academics, think tanks and other third parties to foster the publication of research papers, white papers and other articles that tell the positive story of site blocking: e.g., it is commonplace around the world and working smoothly; it has not broken the internet; it is not incompatible with DNSSEC; it is effective; legitimate sites/content have not been blocked; etc.
* Building the record (and telling the story) that the sorts of sites at issue are dangerous. It is not just copyright infringement. Kids are one-click away from identity theft, graphic porn, malware, etc. Parent groups, consumer protection groups and other third parties can be cultivated to speak out against such predatory sites.
* Telling the positive story of the widespread availability of legitimate content.
* At the right time, we would quietly approach ISPs with which we have good relationships and which we believe might consider cooperating with us to test US site blocking.
If any US ISPs are prepared to cooperate — and we can create a track record of effective site blocking in the US — the environment for US site blocking more broadly will become significantly more favorable.
Although some might call it a conspiracy theory, the World Health Organization, UNICEF, and the United Nations have been accused for decades of trying to secretly reduce the world’s population by hiding contraceptives in vaccines that are purported to be for other purposes.
In 1992, during a meeting at the UN headquarters in Geneva, scientists and “women’s health advocates” discussed the use of “fertility regulating vaccines, particularly the anti-Human Chorionic Gonadotropin vaccine. (source)
It is not clear to me how much of this story is just a single man’s insanity, and how much is collective insanity of a group of people.
Attorney Alan Baker, Israel’s former ambassador to Canada and a legal adviser to the Foreign Ministry wants antisemitism to be treated as an international crime. In a new Israeli initiative, Baker is proposing that international courts be used to combat global hate crimes against Jews.
Grammar note: a “pedophile” is an adult attracted to young children. A child sex abuser is an adult who actually has sex with children. Referring to child sex abusers as “pedophiles” is (at best) imprecise and (at worst) misleading, since some pedophiles are not actual abusers.
Since many sex abuse cases have specific criminal charges attached, it can be more informative to write about the specific criminal charges, e.g.:
Lellock worked in the district from 1990 until the school board suspended him with pay in July 2012 and accepted his resignation two months later, according to Triblive.com.
Who knows how many untold children were made victims of this sicko cop during those 22 years?
In 2013, Lellock was convicted on 13 charges including endangering the welfare of children, corrupting minors and indecent assault.
Named in the lawsuit are Lellock, the school district, former superintendent Dale Frederick, and former principal, Ronald Zangaro.
To those who think that this incident is somehow isolated, it is not. A shocking scroll through this link will show how child molestation is not only a systemic problem within law enforcement, but is also rarely punished.
With that noted, the following comments are from a U.K. writer:
helping re-elect Cameron is tantamount to saying ‘I don’t really care about Paedophilia!’
Yesterday the Crown Prosecution Service announced they would not be prosecuting Lord Greville Janner for child sex abuse. How can this possibly be? Dementia or not, this is a most ghastly crime. Each and every victim at best is left to carry unimaginable mental scars. For some the trauma is simply too much; they take their own lives. Others brave enough to come forward ‘die’ in mysterious circumstances. One must bear in mind, more than a dozen individuals named Janner as their abuser. What a sad indictment of mankind. In a day and age when whistle-blowers are jailed for merely speaking the truth, perverted child molesters remain above the law even when there’s mountains of damning evidence.