There is a short article at the link below that argues that Romero-style zombies represent the decadence of the modern age – gluttony, avarice, materialism, distractions, etc. Romero-style zombies always appear in large crowds; Romero-style zombies have no individual personalities; they are not just conformists – they are not just herd animals – they are mindless, like swarming insects with no capacity for creativity. The original Haitian legends spoke of zombies with no individual willpower to resist commands, but such zombies were rare, individual victims of the witch doctor’s machinations. Also, I have not found any Haitian zombies that ate human flesh – Romero may have added that from stories of ghouls or vampires.
How To Get On An Iron Lung
Top Posts & Pages
- A frank look at ISISちゃん
- Delicious Poison
- The important thing about the NSA is the attractive women who think "crazy smart" people are cool
- If zombies symbolize gluttony and avarice, do guns symbolize discipline and fascist values?
- How many mixed-race people will be as cute as Katya Lischina?
- Choosing your own identity versus getting brainwashed by advertising
- Updated - somebody denounces somebody - now with even more Nazi chicks
- Bowling Will Turn You Into A Nazi
- The etymology, phonetics, and linguistics of "Nyanpasu!" could be considered funky
- We were told everything outside was bad
And Even Though We Do This With An Ironical Distance